Epoxy flooring is achieved by applying an epoxy-like substance onto the concrete floor. These floorings are made from a mixture of resin and a hardener. The resultant product is a complex, endurant plastic coating named epoxy coating. Most commercial and industrial floors have an Epoxy coating applied over the concrete to boost performance and durability. In addition to increased functionality, the floors are eye-appealing due to their range of colours and lustre. Epoxy coatings provide smooth, high-performance, and durable surfaces. These are crucial to withstand the heavy loads in commercial and industrial buildings such as warehouses.
Moreover, epoxy floors in warehouses and other industrial or commercial buildings promote clean and secure conditions for employees, commercial equipment, and stock. Epoxy floor coatings are advantageous for several reasons. Here are the core benefits of using these coatings for warehouses and commercial or industrial buildings.
- Durability. Although concrete and metal floorings may be strong, they are wreckable. The constant movement by workers and heavy loads causes destruction. However, coating the concrete floor with Epoxy enhances durability as they protect against mechanical and chemical destruction. Epoxy floors may last 10 to 20 years since they resist water, mould, and dirt. Additionally, it withstands heavyweights of materials transported in warehouses regularly. They are naturally flexible, making them appropriate impact absorbers. Similarly, they evenly redistribute damaging floor forces, enhancing durability. Overall, they provide less damageable and safer working surfaces for workers.
- Safety. Epoxy floors are anti-slip and secure for warehouse use without harming workers. Epoxy coatings exist in several colours and can be used to create visible driveways and walkways for workers’ safety. Moreover, their reflectivity nature promotes visibility and safety for warehouse users.
- Low-maintenance. Epoxy is oil-free, making it low maintenance as it does not require clean-up or maintenance processes. It also prevents wear and tear from concreting floors.
- Easy to Clean. Cleaning concrete floors is often tedious and time-consuming. Concrete foundations are porous, supporting oil, grease, and chemical absorption. Continuous absorption saturates the floor, creating stains, odours, and pathogens. Nevertheless, Epoxy coatings are non-porous, enhancing the surface’s ability to resist spills. The surface requires low maintenance and is easily cleaned as it resists oil and water stains, meaning it does not take much of the cleaner’s time and energy.
- Easy installation. Epoxy floor installation does not require layout, additional adhesives, or special installation tools.
- Promotes chemically resistant surfaces. Epoxy coating surfaces are suitable for manufacturing plants as they are unreactive to chemicals.
- Aesthetically appealing. It generates a shiny surface that promotes the brightness of a room, creating natural brilliance in warehouses and commercial buildings. An impression is everything for every business as different stakeholders often visit the business premises. Thus, creating a stunning first impression for commercial buildings is crucial to boost appearance. Epoxy floor coatings help achieve this by giving the surfaces a professional lustre. Additionally, their vast array of colours provides a platform to choose from for any space, promoting brightness and attractiveness for dingy surfaces.